Thursday, September 20, 2018

Trump Rally!!!

The Boss is coming to my town tomorrow. If you're close, come on down to Springfield, Missouri, and come early. The tickets already issued are double the venue capacity. I'll be in a bright green volunteer's T-shirt, gathering signatures for the state Republicans office and working to boost the high energy needed to flip the state's Senate seat. Claire McCaskill is in real trouble, and this recent debacle in the Supreme Court nomination hearings is what motivated me to finally get off my ass, away from the internet, and to join the world of the living in real political action. The Kavanaugh hearings are going to be a big lever for us to pull to get voter enthusiasm going. The Democrats have turned the Senate into a circus, and there's no reason for one of their head clowns to have a big, fat MO next to her name.

If you aren't in Missouri, check if there is a race in your district, and do whatever you can to help. I never intended to be this partisan, but this is effectively a referendum on Trump's election. We need to send a loud message so he can do his job. Help rally some votes. Midterm election turnouts are low, so the field is ripe to get some low-energy conservative friends motivated enough to make the drive to the polling station.

I hear through the grapevine that one of my old acquaintances will also be attending the rally, as part of the "Peace Protest." It's hilarious. Eight years of Bush, he started two wars, and they protested all the time. Eight years of Obama, he started two wars, and dead silence. Now Trump has started no wars, has actually ended one in Korea, and they're suddenly the peace protestors again. Insane. I'm going to try my best not to get into it with them. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment