Sunday, January 29, 2017

Navy SEAL Dead in Yemen

Fox News reporting that a Navy SEAL was killed in a raid on Al-Qaeda in Yemen.

I'm somewhat confused on this matter because it had seemed to me that the US was siding with Saudi Arabia (Sunni) in a proxy war against Iran (Shia). And now we see US boots on the ground in Yemen attacking Sunni extremists. Have we changed policy so soon? It doesn't look like it, as the article says the raid has been planned for some time.

I really have few details on this, but it sounds like the same kind of foreign policy I've been busting Obama on. Why are we in Yemen? Have they invited us? I generally do not support this kind of US interventionism, and unless we are invited by their government, or have declared war against them, I don't support these actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment