Tuesday, August 22, 2017

The Self-Actualization of Conor MacGregor

Here's a ten-minute video that was put together about the self-actualization of MMA star Conor MacGregor.


Pretty powerful stuff. And motivating, too. It's easy to get bogged down by life and forget there is a higher plane of existence out there. Get your internal house in order (Sort yourself out bucko, is what Jordan Peterson would say) and you can rise above the mucky mucky, and anyone can do it. One doesn't need to be a superstar, celebrity, or other bigwig to achieve self-actualization. 2400 years ago Diogenes found self-actualization as a homeless philosopher.

Another public persona may have come to your mind on viewing this. Trump displays all the characteristics of a self-actualized man. The relentless work ethic, stubborn persistence, brutal honesty, religious-like sense of a calling, and even the childlike temper and antics, are all just as present in Trump as in MacGregor.

Self-actualized people trigger the hell out of leftist radicals and SJWs. Trump is the epitome of a lefty trigger. He literally drives them crazy, and this is far and away his finest attribute. Ideologically Trump isn't all that conservative. He's not significantly more conservative than Democrats were during the Clinton administration. But his persona is the anti-liberal. The left live in the Marxist worldview that the entire world is just a battlefield of oppression dynamics. They despise any challenges to their belief of insurmountable forces of evil in the world. Leftists reject the notion that our outcomes are tied to our self-determination and personal ethics rather than the product of endless victimization. To them there is only one way these people rose to the top: they are oppressors. MacGregor is also labeled as a bigot and racist by left-wing activists. I theorize that if the issue was properly researched, we'd see that self-actualized people are highly likely to be vilified by progressives.

In Equality as a Gauge for Political Stance we postulated the five stages of equality. Self-actualized people stop at equality of opportunity, and perhaps even short of that, because they know they can rise to the top no matter what their starting position. If equality is a gauge for political stance, these people are, by their nature, conservative. The final stage is equality of being, where people are prevented from achieving more than the norm. Self-actualized people will be the first ones targeted by mediocrity zealots. A society that suppresses its self-actualized people has fated itself to stagnation and outcompetition by outsiders. It's the tiny minority that combine profound creativity and work ethic to birth the "black swan" events that advance society. These are the people who work 80-hour weeks for years to see their vision through. They are the movers and shakers. We normies just ride in their wake.

Metallica's James Hetfield is another self-actualized man. Check out his interview on Joe Rogan's podcast. He exudes the kind of confident zen-like state that MacGregor describes. He spends the first 30 minutes talking about bee keeping. Metal icons don't talk about bee keeping. He's risen above playing the role he's expected to play. And no surprise. He long ago penned the self-actualization anthem.
And the road becomes my bride
I am stripped of all but pride, so in her I do confide
And she keeps me satisfied, gives me all I need
And with dust in throat I crave
Only knowledge will I save, to the game you stay a slave
Rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond
Call me what you will
But I'll take my time anywhere
Free to speak my mind anywhere
And I'll redefine anywhere
Anywhere I roam, where I lay my head is home
And the earth becomes my throne
I adapt to the unknown, under wandering stars I've grown
By myself but not alone, I ask no one
And my ties are severed clean
The less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign
Rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond
Call me what you will

2 comments: