Monday, October 14, 2019

What Is Falser Than False?

Things keep getting weirder with Joe Biden. Consider this headline regarding last week's Democrat party town hall, Biden: President Obama 'Gave Me a Kiss' for Leading on Gay Marriage. I assumed it was satire, but there's an embedded video link. I just can't tell anymore.

Biden tells the story of how he came out of the closet as supporting gay marriage before Obama did, and that rather than becoming upset at being outpaced in proclamations of prog allegiance, Obama rewarded his VP with a kiss. Not content with merely making a spectacle of probably the most overt pandering in US history, Biden approached the openly gay host of the debate as if to re-enact the kiss between two men, but aborted before he could complete the deed. (Why, is he homophobic?) In the next presidential cycle, the candidates may have to prove that they truly embrace LGBT by performing gay acts on stage, the rate things are going. SNL spoofed the event by having Biden and Cooper kiss. That was satire. In four years time, maybe it won't be.

Biden then shared this story of his childhood.
Biden then explained how he arrived at his position as a very young man in the early 1960s.

He credited his father:

"I remember getting out of a car when I was trying to be dropped off at the local city hall to get a job to be the only white employee in the east side of town in the neighborhood, in the projects, as a lifeguard," Biden said.

"And as I got out, there were two guys in the corner in Rodney Square, they call it, which is the sort of corporate capital of the world. It's where the chancery court and all that is. And these two guys, well dressed -- this is back in 1960 -- probably 1963, and I'm revealing that I'm almost as old as you," he joked with Anderson Cooper.

"But look, as my dad was dropping me off so I could go around the block and run and get the application. And two well-dressed men kissed one another as I was opening the door. And I hadn't seen that before. And I turned around and one walked off to the DuPont building, one walked off to what used to be called the Hercules Corporation.

"And I looked at my dad, and he looked at me and said, 'It's simple, honey. They love each other. It's just basic. There is nothing complicated about it.' That's how I was raised, for real. And so for me (applause) -- for me, and Barack knew that. Barack knew that.
It's truly a wonderful tale where he ties himself to both gay pride and the civil rights movement back before most voters todays were alive. He only makes one mistake, which is to credit his father for his progressive instincts. (White privilege!) As the Democrats move to add the letter P to their alphabet soup of sexual identities, he will surely have to amend the story to include himself as a young boy joining the gay black men he witnessed at Rodney Square in consensual acts of sexual liberation from white supremacy.

Today I saw on a television headline - I believe it was Fox News - Biden taking credit for the latest impeachment efforts against Trump, saying something to the extent of, "if it wasn't for me there would not be an impeachment inquiry." The absurdity! "If I hadn't actually had real corrupt dealings with Ukraine, we wouldn't be investigating Trump for fictional ones." The pure evil of it all. It's like Hillary Clinton claiming "we'll we wouldn't have investigated Russiagate for three years if I hadn't committed all the corruption in those emails that leaked out." And that's just the thing. I was saying in 2016 we were hitting peak absurdity, but it's three years on and things are only getting worse. I hesitate to make such claims anymore. Where can we draw the line? There has to be some sort of mathematical limit to what can be the absolute opposite of the truth. What happens when the official narrative becomes as false as false can be? Where do we go from there? What is falser than false?

No comments:

Post a Comment